[Pmwiki-users] Re: Mail interface for adding to pages

Steven Leite steven_leite
Thu Feb 5 23:27:35 CST 2004

> then if someone happens to do a 'reply all', we might get a duplicate
> posting (well, not exacply duplicate since it'll have an extra '> ' in
> front). Is this why you wanted to use 'bcc'?

If we specify that the directive must be the very first thing to appear in
the message body, that will elliminate one scenario.  However, figuring out
where to END could get confusing (if there are multiple end directives).

I also think that any users using this feature will probably be slightly
more sophisticated than the typical user, therefore they should take on the
extra responsibility of ensuring there are no stray tags/directives in the
message they are posting to the WikiPage (not to mention checking the
message over so it will look presentable when it is posted to the wiki --
kind of like creating a page without the advantage of the preview button).

-----

>> then if someone happens to do a 'reply all', we might get a duplicate
>> posting (well, not exacply duplicate since it'll have an extra '> ' in
>> front). Is this why you wanted to use 'bcc'?

>Yup, it's why I wanted to do 'bcc', so it won't appear in the reply
address,
>also I was going to have the mail software completely ignore any
>directives that have been quoted-- i.e., the directive has to be at
>the beginning of the line to be processed.

Patrick, the system could also check the "To:" field and ensure that it is
the ONLY recipient of that message.  If there are multiple recipients, then
it should be ignored.  That way it will catch this potential error.

-----

>> I can't remember if this already has been said, but the 'wiki mail
>> gateway' (?) (or 'wiki gateway' for short), will send a reply with
>> information about the result, right?

>Yes, I believe it should do that by default, unless there's a "noreply"
>directive or something.  :-)

Or just replying to the author, and not the whole list.

-----

Steven Leite