[Pmwiki-users] Re: right and center alignment

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Feb 8 13:50:23 CST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Alexander Babanov wrote:

> You do realize, of course, that regular expressions cannot do general
> recursion, so a proper implementation of what you are asking for is more
> than a little hack, not to say, reinvention of a wheel in a particularly
>   wicked squarish configuration ;-)

I'm no expert on PCRE, but this page does mention recursion

	http://se2.php.net/pcre.pattern.syntax#regexp.reference.recursive

in conjunction with the special item '(?R)' and the 'extended PCRE'
option. (Please note that I'm not advocating the use of start/stop tags).

/Christian