[Pmwiki-users] Re: Directive for disabling the side-bar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 10 13:30:29 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:07:53PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
>
> Oops... I was too quick there. It turns out that [[noheader]] turned off
> the sidebar, whereas [[nosidebar]] does nothing AFAICT.

In the standard layout the sidebar is considered to be part of the header;
there's no separate [[nosidebar]] directive.  And for many
layouts/stylesheets turning off the sidebar really does necessitate
a change in the stylesheet (and sometimes the XHTML) being used.
AFAICT, there's not an easy way in CSS to have columns that change
width/position depending on the display of other columns *and* that
works in the popular browsers (notably IE).  This is one area where
working with tables is definitely easier than CSS.