[Pmwiki-users] Call for Template Simplicity

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Feb 11 09:29:49 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:16:52PM -0800, Steven Leite wrote:
> >   Of course, it's possible
> >   that these admins prefer a simple layout, in which case it's *very*
> >   easy in the new layout scheme to turn off the CSS (essentially one
> >   just does $PageSkin='none'; in local.php).
>
> I didn't realize that it was that easy.  If that's the case, then what I'd
> suggest is to put that line in to the default / shipping local.php files and
> then comment it out.

Sure thing.  Actually, it will have to go in sample-local.php, since
PmWiki doesn't ship with a local.php to avoid overwrites when upgrading.

Also, sample-local.php has traditionally been distributed in the scripts/
directory--perhaps it should go in local/ instead?

> While we're on the topic, I'd personally like to know more about how PmWiki
> currently format's the layout.

It's coming up in another message--actually, I started writing that
message last night and found some things I didn't like, so I then decided
I had to (again) change the layout internals because it still wasn't
quite right.  However, I think I have it pretty much like I want it
now and will send along some notes shortly.  :-)