[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: more --signature markup thoughts

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Feb 12 05:53:48 CST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:20:14AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:56:26PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr??m wrote:
> > > Ok, so hypothetically speaking, if we'd been writing {{Profiles/Foo}}
> > > instead of Profiles/{{Foo}}, you'd preferred {{~Foo}}?
> > > Btw, I happen to feel that putting the group outside of the {{..}} is
> > > inconsistent, so for me using that as motivation is sort of like arguing
> > > that two wrongs make a right, but that's a totally different issue.
> >
> > Yeah, it's always kinda bugged me too, but not enough to propose a
> > change.
>
> Okay, let's remove the hypothetical and see what breaks.  I went ahead
> and made some modifications to the site at pmichaud.com to enable
> group names in free links, as in {{PmWiki/free link|s}} or
> {{PmWiki.documentation index}}.  WikiTrails appear to work, but I
> *need* people to quickly build and run some test cases on the pmichaud.com
> site to see if there are any unintended side effects of this change.

I've been playing with it here:

	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/TestFreeLinks/TestFreeLinks

Please go ahead and add more test-cases to that group. So far I haven't
found anything that breaks (well, I've re-discovered an old bug with
wiki-trails, but that's something else -- I'll report that separately).

Personally, I think it works great :-)

/Christian