[Pmwiki-users] Disabling WikiWords

Siegfried Seibert s.seibert
Thu Feb 12 10:23:40 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick R. Michaud
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Pmwiki-users] Disabling WikiWords

> Hmm, this is an interesting idea but I'm not sure how easy it would be
> to implement.  I'll have to think about it a while.  One would have to
> be careful that "TemplateForm", "AndrewCarnegie", and "MyTopHat" don't
> become "Template for m", " and drewCarnegie", and "My to pHat".  Yes,
> I know we could say that the word has to be followed by an uppercase
> letter, but I'm generally against creating lots of special rules
> like this.
> Besides, this is what free links are for:
>   {{Tips for Editing}}
>   {{Ham and Cheese}}
>Pm

Yes, I know that. But WikiWords are much more user-friendly than free links
(esspecially if you have a  german keyboard).

As far as I know, Wikipedia disabled WikiWords and uses just free links,
because WikiWords look often very strange to site visitors not familiar with
it. The suggested functionality helps an administrator that most of the
WikiWords look quite normal when a page is displayed. And this can be
realized with just very view rendering rules.

Regards
Siegfried Seibert