AW: [Pmwiki-users] restore problem

Robin Sheat robin
Thu Feb 12 13:35:16 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:36:47AM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> e.g. http://example.com/electricity.php?volt=120&amp=7
> will definitely give some problems.
No it won't, that is exactly what we want. Your example provides two
arguments to electricity.php, one called volt (120) and one called amp
(7). In the case of PmWiki we want two arguments: pagename and action.
If we use the HTML entity, then we end up with one, eg, if we changed
the & in your example to &, then we only have one argument, volt
(120&amp=7).

...rereading above, I just realised I mistook the source of your
confusion, I'll leave it in anyway, but continue here:

You would need ';' after amp to consider causing problems, and even then
I don't think it would, as HTTP doesn't respect HTML entities. Anything
special on the URL should be '%' encoded.

& is used to seperate arguments on the URL, the first one is defined by
?.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663