[Pmwiki-users] Re: Visitor Comments

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Feb 12 14:16:02 CST 2004

On Friday, 13 February 2004 9:16 AM, Jean-Claude <wiki at jcgg.net> wrote:
>I went and try on Christian's site this script which could help some
>webmasters (me among them) to wait for a perfectly integrated function
>in version 0.6.2.
>
>But, since this script does seem to still be in the cookbook, would it
>be possible to post it again?
>Thanks again in advance to John and/or Christian.
>
>Jean-Claude
>

>--

Jean-Claude

I rewrote the script found here:

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/WikiGuestbook

I used the approach Scott Duff used in his old journal.php script,
which prepares a page, then passes the contents to pmwiki's HandlePost
function.

Once I have updated it for version 0.6, I'll add it to the cookbook.

In the mean time, you are welcome to try out the attached:

  << extended-journal.php >>

[[$Comment]] adds comments latest first; [[$Commentchrono]] adds
comments latest last.

A variant lets you treat pages that end in Diary as a simple diary.
However, this requires you to be using webmenu, as it appends the
required form to $TextSplitFmt, so will not work in 0.6.

For an example, see:

http://wiki.lianza.org.nz/index.php/Main/SoftwareDiary

Hope this helps
--