[Pmwiki-users] organization of .css files in pub/

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Feb 15 23:24:12 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 03:11:15PM +1100, Richard Canning wrote:

> P.S. Does anyone have an answer for my question about setting classes in wiki pages (my last email)?

Richard-

Sorry I missed your previous post, but here's my best shot at an answer
for the moment...

> Is it possible to have something like.
>    %class=highlight% Line of text
> And have PmWiki make this
> So I could then add into my CSS files.
>    p.highlight { backgroup:yellow; color:black; }

At present I don't have a 'class' wikistyle defined, but that's easy to
define.  The bigger problem is that I don't have a good generic method at
present to use the wiki markup to attach styles to block-level markups

The short, quick answer to your question is that you can define your
own markup to support this; in config.php

   $InlineReplacements['/^=highlight\\s(.*)$/'] =
     "<p class='highlight'>$1</p>";

lets you write

   =highlight Line of text

to get what you want.

The longer answer is that I think it'd be really nice if there was
a generic way to attach wikistyles to block markup, but I can't find
a syntax or structure that quite "works" for me.  I've had a few
ideas but none of them have grabbed me just yet (I'll try to write
them up in another email sometime).