[Pmwiki-users] Re: $ Ching! $ - PmWikiDevelopment

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Feb 17 17:41:46 CST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Dawn Green wrote:

> Currently, we have 10 sites using PmWiki as an integral part of the site's
> development.  For each of these sites and for every future site we develop
> using PmWiki, we will make a contribution of $20.
> And to Patrick--many thanks!!  Our first donation reflects our first sites for
> a total contribution of $200.

Just out of curiosity, does pay-pal help you figure out what to do about
taxes, and stuff?  I don't know how it works in the US, but in Sweden you
have to pay a tax if you "make" too much money on a hobby, e.g.  if you
win a few thousand dollars on a golf tournament. OTOH, this could be
thought of as simply receiving gifts from people who like you, but if
they're worth too much there's a tax for that too.

/Christian

PS. At least they can't tax anyone if you just work on the project :-)