[Pmwiki-users] Author in HandlePosts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Feb 20 06:40:13 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:42:11AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> I'm trying to modify pmwiki-mode so that it can specify the name of the
> author who posted the change, but it doesn't seem to work when I simply
> add e.g.:
> 	author=chr
> to the posted data.
>
> Looking at pmwiki.php and HandlePost() doesn't make me any wiser either...
> it seems that $Author just appears... (I looked at beta17). What is going
> on here?

The setting of $Author and other variables is handled by scripts/author.php.
This is set up as an external module so that it's possible for future
extensions to get the author name from a different source-- e.g. an
external authenticator or a username+password system.

But you should be able to just add author=name to the posted data--I've
done this with pmwe a few times and it works.  So there must be something
else going on that is preventing it from appearing on your system.  Note
that author.php only accepts an author setting from a
<form method='POST' ...>, it won't accept it from method='GET' or parameters
in the URI.