[Pmwiki-users] whither page refs

Bob Dively dive
Tue Feb 24 14:39:07 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> Part of the problem is that the title is used as a
> backreference  search in the browse pages, while it's
> used as a "return to page view" link in the
> edit/history/attach/other pages, and there's not an
> easy straightforward way to control this logic via the
> template.

Check. I noticed that myself when I was trying to roll my
own backreferencing from one of my templates.

> Anyway, I haven't completely abandoned the backreferences
> link and  I'm still looking for a good answer to it.  In
many
> respects it would  be nice if "find references to this
page"
> was explicitly referenced on  the page rather than (or
perhaps
> in addition to) being implicitly  available via the title
link.

Absolutely. Clicking the $Title for a list of backrefs isn't
terribly intuitive (well, at least until you understand the
concept of wiki clearly). It might be useful to include a
more explicit link somewhere for more casual users. Maybe in
the wikifooter?