[Pmwiki-users] Author-Tracking and Passwords

Jean-Claude wiki
Wed Feb 25 10:46:03 CST 2004

Hi,

In the same line as Nils, is there an easy way to pre-populate the
global edit-password window with the "Author" variable which is
stocked in the cookie?

Thanks,

--Jean-Claude

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:57:16PM +0100, Nils Knappmeier wrote:

> Now, the site is protected by a global edit-password and I told to
> people to use their name as a login.
> It would be pretty decent to have the author-field filled with the
> login-name as default name instead of being empty.
> Is there an easy way to do this (I'm still using 0.6.0 there).

Sure, in local/config.php:

    if (@$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'])
      $Author=$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'];

should set the author identity based on the username field entered
during authentication.