[Pmwiki-users] Templates and variables: a thought

Nathan Jones nathanj
Thu Feb 26 20:12:24 CST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:48:22 -0700, Pm wrote:
>Hmm, I like <!--EndSection--> the best of these.

Okay. I had considered end tags like other posters, but for some reason,
thought that a single directive would be better.

>There is a restricted list of sections that actually make it into a
>page's generic template:  they are PageHeaderFmt, PageTitleFmt,
>PageLeftFmt, PageRightFmt, and PageFooterFmt.  Any section that isn't
>one of these names doesn't make it in to the "generic" output but has
>to be explicitly requested by an action (e.g., PageEditFmt or PageUploadFmt).

Ah, okay - so the default is no output. I was thinking that the deafult
might be to output everything, with the expception of disabled variables
(eg. [[nofooter]]) and special variables (eg. <!--PageEditFmt-->).

The "no output" default is probably best. (I'm more likely to want to
enable things for various actions in the config than disable things with
[[noblah]] in a Wiki page.) It's just helpful to know how it works.
Thanks.

--
Nathan Jones