[Pmwiki-users] text dropout in IE

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 2 09:57:28 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 01:59:25PM -0800, Paul Williams wrote:
> It turns out that empty paragraph tags caused the
> issue.  The bug would manifest itself if there was a
> color: directive in the #wikitext CSS block, and the
> following was entered onto the page:

This is very interesting to know.  I'd love to fix the "empty paragraph tag"
issue in PmWiki, but I'm not sure of a good way to do it (I've just started
really thinking about it).

Ultimately I want to preserve the concept that a blank line in the
wiki markup becomes a blank line in the XHTML output.  Currently that's
accomplished by the use of the (empty) paragraph tag, which everyone
agrees isn't really the cleanest way to do things.  I'm open for other
suggestions.  Properly containerizing the paragraph tags, so that we have
wiki markup is processed and the variations that can develop.

Another idea might be to eliminate <p> tag altogether, converting sequences
of blank lines into a <br /><br /> sequence.

Anyone else have ideas/suggestions?

While we're at it, anyone had any further ideas about replacing [[<<]] markup,
or preserving newline semantics in PmWiki markup?  I'd like to resolve these
issues "once and for all" in PmWiki 0.6.

Pm

P.S.: pmwiki-0.6.beta1, redefining the default headers and footers to
use stylesheets, should be released within the week.