[Pmwiki-users] Suggestions for [[<<]] replacement.

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Jan 5 05:26:15 CST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, John Feezell wrote:

> OK, you've got me thinking.  I still favor the idea an using a standard
> punctuation symbol as part of the markup.
> Since I would be using this markup while focused on writing, it would help
> tie the two things together -- writing and markup.  I think these would be
> the criteria too.
>
> How about this for the simple break:
>
> Yesterday it worked /;/ Today it is not working /;/ Windows is like that.
> Yesterday it worked/;/Today it is not working/;/Windows is like that.

I'll promote my 'latex'-markup:
	Yesterday it worked \\ Today it still works \\ Linux is like that.
or
	Yesterday it worked\\Today it still works\\Linux is like that.
both rendered as:

	Yesterday it worked
	Today it still works
	Linux is like that.

> and this for the paragraph:
>
> Yesterday it worked /:/ Today it is not working /:/ Windows is like that.
> Yesterday it worked /:/ Today it is not working /:/ Windows is like that.

Which using \\\ would be:
	Yesterday it worked \\\ Today it also works \\\ Linux is like that.
rendered as:

	Yesterday it worked

	Today it also works

	Linux is like that.

But... could someone explain why /:/ or \\\ is needed?

Doesn't this markup

        Yesterday it worked

        Today it also works

        Linux is like that.

render just like:
	Yesterday it worked \\\ Today it also works \\\ Linux is like that.

or do I miss something here?

> and for <br clear='all'/>
>
> Yesterday it worked /;=/ Today it is not working /;=/ Windows is like that.

Ok... now I'm lost... how often do you really need <br clear='all'>? (and
in those cases we could just keep using [[<<]]).

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr