[Pmwiki-users] robots

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jan 8 10:43:23 CST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, bram brambring (zonnet) wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have been looking into:
>
> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Robots
>
> and used the depicted rules to exclude the action and search links. However
> some searchengine sites still showed up with the ?action links.
>
> I talked to the owner of one of them, he pointed me to the fact that
> wildcards are not part of the robot exclusion standaard. And although google
> supports wildcards, he is right.
>
> The disallow section must be a complete path starting with '/'
>
> I solved it in the local.php, are there nicer solutions?
>
> if ( $action and ( $action!='browse' ) ) {
>    $robots="noindex,nofollow";
> } else {
>    $robots="index,follow";
> }
>
> $HTMLTitleFmt = array (
> "<title>\$Titlespaced</title>",
> "<META CONTENT=\"$robots\" NAME=\"robots\">");

Thanks for the tip! (I reformatted it like this and it seems to work)
#
# Taking care of robots...
#
if($action and $action!='browse')
  $robots="noindex,nofollow";
else
  $robots="index,follow";
$HTMLTitleFmt = array ("<title>\$Titlespaced</title>",
                       "<META CONTENT=\"$robots\" NAME=\"robots\">");

I'd also noticed in the documentation of robots.txt that wildcards aren't
allowed, but forgotten about the whole thing.

/Christian

Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr