[Pmwiki-users] Re: Suggestions for [[<<]] replacement.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 9 13:57:29 CST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 12:42:34PM -0500, J. Perkins wrote:
> My apologies if this seems a stupid question, but what are the issues
> with letting a newline mean <br>? I don't understand why a special
> markup is needed.

Two reasons:
1.  There are many people, myself included, who like lines to
automatically wrap even when newlines are there.  My guess from the
50-50 split between those who want text to wrap around newlines and
those who want newlines to generate <br> characters.

2. Even if newline means <br>, we still need some sort of markup to allow
other construct such as a table cell or wiki style.