[Pmwiki-users] robots

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Jan 10 08:58:43 CST 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:41:31PM +0100, bram brambring (zonnet) wrote:

> An option could be to have the refresh tag as part of [[redirect: ]], and
> leave the http-equiv for what it is. I can not think of http-equiv I would
> like to have an a per page bases. Tags I use on a per page base are:
> keywords, description and robots.

This is useful to know.  Another approach to the meta tag problem
instead of allowing arbitrary metatags would be to have directives like
[[keywords: ]], [[description:]], and [[robots:]].

However, keep in mind that there's also been some low-volume discussion about
entering page descriptions using a "=desc" markup, so another approach
might be to use
   =keywords
   =desc
   =robots

> Btw, pmwiki is uses the 'http-equiv=refresh' in the Redirect function, any
> reason that it doesn't use a 301 header? (that's what the refresh tag
> emulates).

PmWiki's Redirect function uses 'http-equiv=refresh' in addition to a
302 (moved temporarily) header.  It does this because there are still
some browsers and web servers that don't properly handle 302 (or 301)
headers.  The goal is to provide robustness (work in multiple environments)
over simplicity.