[Pmwiki-users] Another interlink-pattern issue

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Jan 11 01:56:33 CST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 01:21:06AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > >
> > > I did remove the '|' from the $UrlPathPattern for testing purposes at
> > > pmichaud.com but didn't intend it to be a permanent change (i.e., I forgot
> > > to undo the change).  I haven't committed to any solution yet.
> >
> > Oh... maybe you should run test versions of pmwiki.php through a different
> > URI (I've been noticing 'disturbances' on the pmichaud site btw, which I
> > assume have been you testing things)
>
> I do this if the change/test is a bit large or tricky, but otherwise it's
> easier to just do it on the main site.  Plus with more eyes on the tests/
> developing features it's quicker to detect quirks and other bugs.
>
> I'm not sure what sorts of disturbances you've been seeing; I haven't
> been running *that* many tests!

The site often becomes "sluggish" in general a few hours after 23:00 or
so, but yesterday pmichaud.com stopped responding for several minutes
(maybe 15 minutes?) while I was working with it. (thank god for being able
to use a separate editor).

Would you like me to make to "take notes" on this, e.g. when it happens
and what the symptoms are?  A very easy thing for me to do would be:

	$ wget www.pmichaud.com/wiki?action=diag

and simply mail that file to you together with a note on the problem is.
(This won't work if it's completely down off course).

Btw, the output of 'diag' really should have date/time information,
including time zone, of when the page was created.

/Christian

PS. Have you ever written a script for uploading a file to a pmwiki site?
I assume wget could be used for that, but I've never tried to do it.

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr