[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Jan 14 15:18:32 CST 2004

Pm> Any particular reasons for the ordering you suggest above?

CR> Purely estethic reasons :-)   I.e. IMHO it looks just nicer with
CR> 	        WikiHelp
CR> 	      SearchWiki
CR> 	   RecentChanges
CR>
CR> because the length of the items are increasing...

JR> On the same theme for the same reason:
JR>     Printable Version
JR>          Page History
JR>             Edit Page

Pm's weak reply:
  While the length increases/decreases in English, it might not in other
  languages.

Pm's only slightly stronger reply:
  I figured the operations should appear in order of frequency of
  use--i.e., the more commonly used operations should appear at the top
  or beginning of each list.

JR> Yes, although a case could be made that Edit Page should always stand
out and on that basis putting it last in the vertical list makes sense,
rather than hiding it in the new middle. I have experimented with making
the Edit Page text bold for the same reason.

JR>             Edit Page
JR>          Page History
JR>     Printable Version

would be fine :-)