[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jan 15 06:08:15 CST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I'm very open to comments and suggestions on this.  I know that
> CSS-based layouts are getting a ton of use among the PmWiki community
> (FlexLayout gets mentioned quite a bit), so I was trying to integrate
> a lot of those features directly into the PmWiki distribution to meet
> that demand.  But if it comes at too high a cost to usability by end
> users, then perhaps we should rely less on CSS--I dunno.  I just don't
> have a good feel for what constitutes "best practice" with browser
> compatibility at the moment.  :-(
>
> On the other hand, the CSS scheme I'm currently using in the 0.6 beta
> appears to have a lot of flexibility... :-)

Maybe we should use a table for the basic page layout, and rely on CSS for
minor aspects?

Frankly, I'm going more and more with CSS myself, but that might not be
true for everybody.

Anyway, how is the page layout created right now in 0.6?

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr