[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

jasper@modwest.com jasper
Fri Jan 16 08:49:58 CST 2004

Maybe it would be worth investigating if the entire layout can be done
with <div> instead of tables? Maybe between the lot of us we can figure
out how to make it work. This would make pmwiki friendly to screenreaders
and handheld devices, with the appropriate stylesheets. Okay, it won't
look "right" in a non-CSS browser but it will still be usable. If you
want, I could try to put together a sample page to demonstrate.

Some tips for the default stylesheets:

* Size the layout using ems: "width:10em". This will allow the browser to
resize the element relative the size of the text, which is almost always
the desired behavior. If I set a very large default font in my browser
(because I am vision impaired or have a really high resolution monitor)
the layout will still be as intended.

* To change the size of text, make it relative to the default font size,
not absolute. If you want bigger text, use "font-size:larger" or
"font-size:150%". Same reasoning as above.

* For more tips and tricks, check out http://www.alistapart.com/

Jason