[Pmwiki-users] A silly thing

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Jan 18 04:25:37 CST 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:00:46PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > I prefer naming my configuration file 'config.php' instead of 'local.php'.
> > It's trivial to implement of course:
> > [...]
> > Patrick, would you consider adding this to pmwiki.php?
>
> I'll consider it, but what should happen if both config.php and local.php
> exist?

I don't really care if both or only one is read... mainly I wanted a
different name.

>  And can we have config.php appear in just one directory instead
> of looking in both local/ and the script dir?

Looking for config.php only in local/ is fine with me, I just added a
check in both directories since that's what you did...

>  (I check for local.php in two locations for largely historic reasons.)

Which one is the modern location? I hope it's the one in local/ dir...

> > PS. What makes this silly is that my main reason for the change is that
> > the filename completion always stopped on 'local'... :-)
>
> Ah, then an even better solution is to create a symlink from config.php
> to local.php and we don't have to change the code at all.  :-)
>
>     ln -s local.php config.php

Well, I still don't think 'local.php' is very good name though...
not compared to 'local/config.php'.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr