[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jan 19 20:05:31 CST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:55:51PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> > On Saturday, 17 January 2004 11:45 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:56:31PM +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
> > > I'm looking forward to a totally CSS pmwiki design :)
> > http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php/Kallisti/LongTextPageDiv
> ===
> FWIW, in Safari 1.1.1 (Mac OS X), the PmWiki logo and group / title
> sit with their tops aligned to the botton of "WikiHelp", in front of
> the header and body boxes, and behind the side box.

Hmmmm, okay.  I can't say I'm terribly surprised.  Could you send me a
screen dump at some point?

> I am glad that I'm not the only one who has problems getting <div>
> to DWIM. While one theoretically supports div-based layouts, it
> appears that reliable browser support isn't quite there yet.

Well, I don't think it's even just reliable browser support, in many
ways it appears <div> simply cannot do some things that are easily
done using tables.  For example, I haven't found a way to do the
equivalent of "vertical-align:bottom" in a div-based layout.

Anyway, I seem to have been able to integrate the two approaches I've
come up with thus far so that one can easily switch between a tables-based
layout or a CSS div-based layout, by simply adding an include_once
line to local.php.  Both layouts now make use of a common pmwiki.css
file.