[Pmwiki-users] PixMessageToWikiPage

Ross Kowalski educoop
Mon Jan 19 23:01:10 CST 2004

Hi,
First,a pix message is a jpg image that is sent by a cell phone.(like
the one my wife made me purchase recently)

I started work on a script to allow someone to e-mail a message to
pixmessage at sitename.com , then the image would be saved into the
pixmessage group uploads directory.

In addition...

...a wiki page would be created with a link to the page and maybe the
date.

or

...a gallery page with something like [[$PixGallery]] would read the
pixmessaging  upload directory and show all the pictures from it on a
single web page.

or

..it's late, but I am sure there is a good thoughtful wiki like way of
doing this.
----
I made up a crappy perl version of a script that would give the main
part of this functionality which can be tested by sending an email to
the following address with a small image attached (thanks to keep it
small)

pixmessage at edu-coop.org

The image can be viewed at the following address.

http://www.edu-coop.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/PixMessaging/WelcomePage

----
I think the script should ultimatly be written as a php script and not
a perl script as well as evaluated for security concerns.

I also did not get to any of the wiki page creation stuff as I am not
sure how that would be best implemented.

----
Basically it goes like this,

I set my server to pipe emails called pixmessage at edu-coop.org to a
script called email.pl

The script removes the attachment and puts it
into .../uploads/pixmessaging/filename.ext

The script is at the following address

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/PixMessageToWikiPage