[Pmwiki-users] duplicate text being inserted?!?

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Fri Jan 23 08:01:59 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:25:38PM -0600, Matt Vance wrote:
> I am experiencing a problem where duplicate text is being inserted into
> pmwiki pages, apparently when the text reaches a certain length.  I
> experienced this problem before and just before I submitted a question
> about it, I thought to upgrade PmWiki and the problem went away.  I
> recently upgraded again (currently at pmwiki-0.5.27) and the problem seems
> to be back.
>
> To give an example, I created a page and input the text in FIGURE 1 below
> (notice the numbers at the beginning of each paragraph).  However, when I
> save the page, it now contains all the text in FIGURE 2.  Notice that
> instead of a continuous order of 1-12, the paragraphs in FIGURE 2 read 1,
> 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 7, 8, 9, 10, 9, 10, 11, 12, 11, 12.
>
> It seems that the larger the text saved, the more duplicate text that is
> created.  So once pages start to grow, they grow very fast.  I've tried
> both Internet Explorer and Firebird to create and edit pages and the
> problem appears regardless of the browser.  For what it's worth, the server
> is running PHP version 4.2.2 and Apache 2.0.40.

I have no clues what could be causing this but perhaps your system
has a broken diff/patch.  Or maybe the set of default options to one
or both of those programs is different from "normal".  Or maybe your
locale setting is somehow interfering with the output of those
programs.  Or maybe an environment variable.

Have you tried setting $EnableDiag = 1 and using ?action=diag on the
command line?

When you do a page-preview is the page correct or does it only have
duplicate data after you save?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff