[Pmwiki-users] 0.6-beta -- possible change to search results

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Jan 26 13:49:27 CST 2004

On Tuesday, 27 January 2004 3:49 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 04:21:37PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

>> Cool. But why is it [[$Searchresults text]] and not (say) [[search text]]?
>> It looks to me more like a directive (cf [[include:...]])
>than a variable.
>
>I was staying parallel with [[$Search]], but you're correct that a
>[[search:]] syntax might be more consistent.  Or are you suggesting there
>should be both a [[$Searchresults]] and a [[search:text]]?  I'll have to
>think on this one... :-)

Sorry -- one more thought:

   [[$Searchresults ...]]

Now that this is a variable, does this make it easier to display a text
snippet after each result showing the first reference to $Needle? I'm
assuming that PrintText (?) could evaluate any wiki markup in the text
snippet. If so one may want a keyword on [[$Searchresults]] to let authors
specify a terse or verbose results list.

Or is this a step too far?

JR

>Pm
>
>--