[Pmwiki-users] Edit / Lock Pages

Steven Leite steven_leite
Tue Jan 27 05:14:01 CST 2004

Re:  Edit / Lock Pages

I noticed a recurring question (while reading the mailing list archives from as far back as 2002) which is:

What if more than one person tries to edit a page at one time?

Answer:  Just have a flag on the page that says it's being edited.  When you click the EDIT button, it gets turned ON, and when you click SAVE the flag is turned OFF.

If the flag is already on (hence, the document is being edited), then simply re-display the wiki page with a slightly modified text.  A message at the top of the document should read something like:

Sorry this page is being edited at the moment.  Try again later.

I know even Use-Mod wiki, one of the oldest wiki's around has some simple protection against multiple user's editing the same document.  I think this should be a priority to fix since the question is continually asked, it must be a popular topic, and worth fixing sooner than later.

Steven Leite