[Pmwiki-users] local/Main.php...

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Thu Jan 29 15:19:00 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:11:21PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
[...]
>    $group = FmtPageName('$Group',$pagename);
>    if ($group!=$DefaultGroup) return;

Pfft. Of course it's that easy :) Forgive me for thinking that a php
file could only be used to set configuration variables - after X (no
time to count right now ;) years of PHP coding...

In fact I was a little mind-shuffled by a new hotsauce I received that
day. Anyone know Vicious Viper? - if not - be prepared. It will
definitely bite it's way through your body! =)

[... Single / Double quotes ...]
> I think it's worthwhile for the escapes to call the programmer's
> attention to the fact that the substitutions for $PageUrl and $PageName
> are going to be done when the string is output (by FmtPageName()),
> and *not* by PHP when the assignment is executed.  But I agree it's a
> close call and I simply went the other way because it seemed more
> consistent to me overall.

You are absolutely right. I just did my homework and checked the XML
specs which I should've done before. Again I put the blame on that
hotsauce ;)

Conclusion: Late at night, tiredness and an overdose of Capsaicin don't work
together very well.

     Balu
PS: Pft. I have to find something bad about this software. It can not
be THAT good... Why did I search so long for a Wiki like this?
Hm - the code is clean too. Suggesting to use 4 spaces for indents is
unfair. That's personal preference. BTW - which editor are you using to
write it? ;)
Comments? HA - It could need more comments! - But then again good code
doesn't need comments... Damn you for writing such a nice piece of
software.