[Pmwiki-users] Author tracking questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Jan 31 18:38:13 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:45:53AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >   [...]  Is there anyone > >   that feels that limiting author names
> >   to [letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, spaces] is too restrictive?
>
> Does the letters above include '???' etc?

Yup, in fact this is largely the reason why I spent some time trying
to get non-ASCII characters to work in page titles, so that we can
support a wider range of author names.

> > * What other items besides page revisions need to track/list authorships?
>
> Maybe track who uploads what?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  Good idea.  :-)

> It'd be nice if '-- Christian' at the end of a line would automatically
> link to say Users.Christian.

I think this might be done (by default?) with a DoubleBrackets entry--
I'll see what I can do.  Is the regex "--\\s*[[:upper:]][\\w-]+$"
sufficient?  Could it match more than we intend?