[Pmwiki-users] Reflection on link syntax

Nathan Jones pmwiki
Thu Jul 1 06:39:40 CDT 2004

Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
>Nathan Jones wrote:

>> Lastly, would it be possible to specify a title for other things, such as
>> images?
>
>eh - I told you, Pm ;)

Actually, that's why I mentioned it. :-)  Personally, I don't think
there's much need for titles, (although, depending on browser, they do
behave similarly to acronym and abbr, which have been requested), but
I'm not sure why they'd be more useful for links than other things,
such as images or text that is not hyperlinked.

(Although, for unlinked text, you could take Pm's suggested syntax and
use: [[some text --and a title]].)

The more pressing need is for alt text for images. I haven't been
following the list closely enough to see if this has been finalised.

--
Nathan Jones