[Pmwiki-users] Autosave on Preview

Mirko Froehlich mfroehlich
Wed Jul 7 12:05:47 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> It's easy to do in PmWiki 2.0, so it'll probably be implemented there.
>
> Would it be sufficient to have a "Preview and Save" button,
> where it saves the page but returns you to the preview/save
> mode rather than returning to the browse view?

Glad to hear this might be on the horizon. :)

"Preview and Save" would definitely help, although it does not quite solve
my original problem. In my case I often specifically do not want to save the
page until I'm at a decent stopping point. This is partially because I don't
want others to see the page before it is at least rudimentarily complete and
partially because I do not want to clutter up the version history with too
much junk in the initial stages of writing a new page (although I could
probably just declare it a minor edit to solve this problem).

I realize that I may be overly picky here, and maybe it would be closer to
the Wiki spirit to simply save the page even when it is still in a chaotic
and unfinished state. Still, personally I would prefer a way of
automatically creating a backup copy when Preview is clicked without having
to actually save the page.

-Mirko