[Pmwiki-users] Action to provide last modified date and md5 checksum

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jul 8 16:39:07 CDT 2004

Hi

When using pmwiki-mode in Emacs to edit pages, you often do quite a bit of
editing over a long period of time. In fact, I often come back the next
day and continue working in an emacs buffer that contains a wiki page.

This is all very good and well for the person doing the editing from
within Emacs, but if someone else edits the page in between, those changes
will be overwritten when Emacs uploads the page.

(In case someone wonders: There is a "reload-page" function, but I have a
tendency to forget to use it).

I was thinking of how to handle this, and in order to do that I think it
would be good if I (Emacs) could access the last date a page was modified,
and also if I could get an md5 checksum off a page's contents.

Is this already available in pmwiki? If not, maybe we could introduce an
action that provides details of a page in some simple format (e.g. plain
text). For instance, this URI

	http://www.pmwiki.org/Some/Page?action=rawinfo

could output something like this:

	Page path:	Some/Page
	Creation date:	2323441234123
	Last modified:	2323423423442
	MD5 checksum:	0adf0423ad0
	Timezone:	<something indicating the timezone of the server>

What do you think?

I can imagine adding all kinds of details to this page in future just for
the fun of it.

/Christian