[Pmwiki-users] Random Quote script needed

Steven Leite steven_leite
Thu Jul 8 21:05:16 CDT 2004

On Thursday, July 08, 2004 7:32 AM [GMT+1=CET],
J. Meijer <commentgg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Instead of pmwiki using the Balu RandomQuote script I'd like
> something that fetches the quote separately, on request by the
> browser, as if it were f.e. a frame. So the page can be cached. I
> guess this is quite common, so anyone?

I have my own quote script, but I don't think it will solve your
cacheing problem.  If you want to try it let me know and I can e-mail it
to you.

Another idea might be to integrate an iframe to include an external page
(script) that does the same thing.  You might be able to adapt X-Include
to accomplish something like that.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to have the page cached?  What about
disabling wiki's page expiry, then the entire wiki page would be cached
(?).

> Unless the cache script should handle this task of last-minute
> cosmetic changes... I guess that would be a sensible alternative.
> Some division of responsabilities would be nice anyway, because
> cookies can't be served by static html pages.

Could you ellaborate, I couldn't understand a single part of that last
paragraph.  Simple english would be great.

Steven Leite