[Pmwiki-users] Re: Include other html pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jul 14 13:33:42 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:00:46PM +0200, Albi Rebmann wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Ok, now I tested it in practice. It would be
> interesting, but When I have links in the imported page, the links get
> wrong.
> I did insert:
> [*http://news.life.de/newsportal/index.php*]
>
> The links of the imported page get follwoing url:
> http://www.mydomain.de/mypath/relativelinkofimportedpage.php
>
> The script should add "http://news.life.de/newsportal/" to the relative
> links. But my PHP knowledge is to bad for doing that.

Indeed, this is a fairly difficult problem--it can be a pain just to
even find the relative links.  For better or worse, HTML pages are
really not designed to be nested inside of other HTML
pages (except possibly via frames).