[Pmwiki-users] link icons

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sun Jul 25 20:10:05 CDT 2004

>> Sorry if I missed something, I just caught the tail end of this
>> thread. I like the old behaviour better.

> This thread is the discussion of how useing a puntiuation mark for the
> link intrupts the natural flow of the sentence and makes it difficult
> for people who are not aware of wiki markup or links to read the
> content. We discussed several ways to overcome that, and we arrived at
> a superscripted ? which in most languages isn't a symbol you normally
> encounter in a sentence, and a superscripted symbol is a common way to
> indicate something special about the word/phrase that its attached
> too. So logically the create page link should be superscripted, and we
> kept ? so that people who used older versions would know what it ment.
>
> I feel this is a better solution then just a simple ? link, and by
> linking the whole word its easier for people who have high resoultion
> monitors to hit the link.

Thanks for the explanation.  It makes perfect sense now, and I agree,
it's probably an improvement for those who are not familiar with the
Wiki? markup.

My main concern was that I would not be able to tell the difference
between links that I had created and links that needed to be created,
but I see now that there is a clear difference, there there's really no
problem at all.

Cheers!