[Pmwiki-users] Firefox Editing issues

Ciaran ciaranj
Mon Jul 26 10:01:51 CDT 2004

I'm using version 0.91 of firefox, It works fine in IE (irony) I get
the same behaviour on both a PmWiki accessed from an intranet and a
PmWiki accessed from the internet.

Roughly the behaviour is ,  the page never finishes downloading, in
firefox this is shown by a blue progress bar at the bottom left, which
keeps filling, then 'timesout' silently, having not retrieved
(apparently) all the required imformation :( .

This happens for normal wiki text boxes as well as those used in FTS :(

- ciaran

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:38:59 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:00:37AM -0400, Kass Lloyd wrote:
> > I'm also haveing a similar problem on my wiki. I wanted to put an IRC
> > Log into the wiki size 58.2 KB (59,660 bytes). It went in fine on the
> > first save, but when I tried to edit the page the edit box was blank.
>
> Does it work in other browsers?
>
> Which version of Firefox?
>
> Older versions of Netscape (4.x) have a problem that they cannot handle
> text boxes with more than 32K of text in them, but I thought that
> surely this would've been fixed in Firefox.  So I'm really hoping it's
> something else going on here.
>
> Pm
>

> --

- Ciaran