[Pmwiki-users] re: ChangePmWikiURL

Ben Schmidt bschmidt
Sat Jul 31 17:16:06 CDT 2004

I'm trying to get pmwiki URLs not to have a "wiki" directory in their
URLs, viz:

    http://domainName/$Group

My current Apache web DocumentRoot is:

    DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents"

I have pmwiki installed here:

    /Library/WebServer/Documents/pmwiki

I can successfully follow the first method shown in the pmwiki docs at
ChangePmWikiURL :

    $EnablePathInfo = 1;

    Alias "/wiki" "/Library/WebServer/Documents/pmwiki/pmwiki.php"

And so I now have pmwiki URLs which look like:

    http://domainName/wiki/$Group      e.g.  http://domainName/wiki/Main

But I haven't had any luck successfully removing the "wiki" in the
above URL.

I've tried modifying my settings from above to:

    DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents/pmwiki"

    Alias "/"    "/Library/WebServer/Documents/pmwiki/pmwiki.php"

I end up with

    http://domainName

working fine. But only for the homepage: Main.HomePage

Any other pages linked off of Main.HomePage up with a link like:

    http://domainName//$Group     [ Double slash is not a typo. Editing
it out makes no different]

which generates a Page Not Found. I've been trying method four,
mod_rewrite given at ChangePmWikiURL, without success.

Any pointers or advice?

best,
pmwiki-newbie
...ben