[Pmwiki-users] action=source; macros

Jesse Jacobsen jmjac
Wed Jun 2 07:59:42 CDT 2004

Dear PmWiki-users,

I have not subscribed to the list, but I will gladly find your responses
on the list archive.  There are two questions I have to ask.

1.  What would cause current versions of PmWiki to ignore
"&action=source"?  Other actions (edit, crypt) work fine, but it seems
PmWiki doesn't recognize source.  You can try it yourself at
http://www.grace-els.org/boc/pmwiki.php?pagename=Main.HomePage

2.  On the site above, I'm experimenting with using [[include:...]]s as
a kind of macro simplification for nicer repetition of some uglier
AdvancedTables code.  It seems to work well enough, though it uses pages
to do it.  Is this an intended application, or is there a better way to
do macro substitution in PmWiki?  For example, it might seem less
brutish to assign a piece of arbitrary text/code to some token for later
expansion.  The [[include:..#..#..]] idea comes close, but forces the
"macro" call to know either the length of the included piece or the
next anchor name on the included page.  Just for example, here's the
sort of macro expansion that would work well for me, with some randomly
chosen markup.

@@tstarttoken@@
[[table width=100%]]
[[cell width=35% valign=top]]