[Pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-0.6.21 released with experimental WikiFarm support

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Jun 2 15:05:13 CDT 2004

On Thursday, 3 June 2004 6:24 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:12:52PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
>> > The location of wikilib.d is "$FarmD/wikilib.d", where $FarmD
>> > is the directory of the farm itself (i.e., the directory containing
>> > pmwiki.php, scripts/, and wikilib.d/).
>>
>> Are these variables documented
>
>Of course!  http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Variables
>
>In general, any time I reference a variable via email or add it to
>the core code I'm attempting to make sure it makes it into the
>documentation.
>
>Also, you can find the documentation of (almost) any PmWiki variable
>by simply entering the variable name into the WikiSandbox on pmwiki.org,
>then clicking on the link that results.  If no link results, then that
>variable isn't documented yet.
>
>Pm

But first, one has to figure out which variable...

What variable do we use to tell the family farm the path to
a PmWiki local/ directory?

I did a small test last night, by moving wikilib.d/ out of
the pmwiki/ directory and then pointing to it using a $FarmD
variable. So far, so good. That was easy.

Now... I expect to install the family farm scripts in the PmWiki
farm's (colony's) central code location, so it can be turned
on and off for individual PmWiki fields within the farm
(wikis within the colony). The family farm will try to include
local/wikifarm/$Field.config.php and $Field.$Group and
$Field.$Group.$Page if these exist.

--
JR