[Pmwiki-users] Changelog Roulette

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jun 3 21:33:28 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 08:41:46PM -0600, *** Dave Hill wrote:
> It seems that whenever I get the Recent Posts mail from my wiki, it seems to
> randomly choose which of the groups/wiki names it will send it out underneath.
> E.g., if I have a wiki named Aleph, and four wiki groups, A-D, each with a
> name in their own config file, then sometimes the Recent posts mail comes with
> the subject "A recent wiki posts" and sometimes with "B recent wiki posts" and
> sometimes with "Aleph recent wiki posts."

By default the mailposts feature doesn't keep track of changes on a
per-group basis-- it just keeps track of them for the entire wiki.
Also, the mail with recent changes is sent the first time a page is accessed
after the period of time specified by the delay and squelch parameters.
Thus the group name in a subject line will likely correspond to the group
name of the page being accessed that triggers the sending of the mail,
and not the group names of the pages listed in the mail.

Fortunately, there is hope:  you should be able to set up per-group
mailposts files by doing the following:

  $MailPostsFile = FmtPageName('$WikiDir/.mailposts-$Group',$pagename);

Note that this may delay the sending of a mail message somewhat further,
as a notification for a group won't be sent until a page in that group
is accessed after the various timers have expired.