[Pmwiki-users] development wikiMailAddressList

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Jun 9 12:02:13 CDT 2004

Hi Patrick,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Ogay" <lists at basel-inside.ch>
To: "pmwiki-L" <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 9:48 PM
Subject: [Pmwiki-users] development wikiMailAddressList

I didn't understand your problem.  You ask for help in sketching up a
solution to a problem, and then say that you can write a cookbook
recipe.

I think what you are proposing doesn't sound too difficult, but my
question is, how do you plan to compile a list of addresses (will you
manually edit the list yourself, and password the page, or allow users
to add their own addresses?)  Isn't that sort of like leaving the keys
to your sports car in the mail-box?  Doesn't sound very secure.

A better approach might be to have a add/remove form where you can add
users to a list, but the list would be stored in a separate datafile
(not viewable by users).  Users can then add/remove their email
addresses from the "list" without worry that some other user(s) may have
access to that page.

Were you planning on using this as a notify feature for page changes, or
as a sort of announcement list?

Anyways, if you can clarify a bit, I can lend some assistance (or were
you offering assistance to anybody interested .. I wasn't too sure).

Steven