[Pmwiki-users] Re: Escape Sequence [= ... =]

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jun 9 15:50:01 CDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 Michael_Paulukonis at divintech.com wrote:

> Is this documented anywhere? Can't find it. That's great for in-line,
> though.

Pm, where should [@...@] be documented? (Or is it alreday documented
somewhere?)

> Hrm. @@[= <multiple lines of code> =]@@ doesn't parse well. It functions
> like the monospace-quote, above--no linebreaks, spacing, etc. Only works
> if I give it the extra space at the beginning. Which, of course, also
> displays as an extra space at the beginning, as well.

This is because you want things to be in <CODE>...</CODE> and not simply
be printed using monospace. Btw, <CODE>..</CODE> usually also forces some
vertical space around the thunk.

> Erm, if the "extra-space at the beginning" signifies monospaced text,
> shouldn't it then be NOT displayed?

I see what you mean... but the first space significes a code environment,
where all spaces should be shown, so a second space should by definition
be shown. Now it might suddenly seem strange that only the first space
isn't shown. This approach might work though.

Pm, I'm guessing you've already thought about this before?

/Christian