[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Pmwiki new version

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jun 9 17:56:59 CDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:02:24AM -0500, John Feezell wrote:
> > As an alternative, how about
> >
> >   [.noheader][.nofooter][.notitle]
> >   [.directive parm]
> >
> > It's easy to type, not likely to occur in normal text, etc.
> > although it does not use a double symbol.
>
> Thats not easier to type than [: :-) - The biggest problem here on
> german keyboards are the [ or { which need the alt-gr key in combo with
> 7 to 0...

It *is* easier to type, compare:

	AltGr-[	  Shift-:

with
	AltGr-[	  .

where you don't have to use a shift key on the second keystroke. However,
it's still annoying to have to use AltGr, what about:

	(.noheader)(.nofooter)

I don't think I've ever seen "(." in normal circumstances and it's quite a
bit easier to type than [..

/Christian