[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki 1.0.0 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jun 13 15:47:28 CDT 2004

I'm very pleased to announce the release of PmWiki version 1.0.0.
The primary purpose of this release is to make a major version number
change from the 0.x series of releases into 1.0, to better reflect the
demonstrated stability of the code, and its suitability for use as
development of PmWiki 2.0 is taking place
(http://www.pmwiki.org/devel/pmwiki.php).  Minor changes and bug fixes
will continue to be released as 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc.; major releases
incorporating substantial changes will be denoted by changes to the
"1.0" prefix.

Despite the above, the change from 0.6.21 to 1.0.0 is in fact a minor
upgrade--no substantial changes have been introduced.  Thus sites running
a 0.6.x version should be able to upgrade to 1.0.0 without any difficulties.

The minor changes introduced by this version are:

* Added a $DiffAccessLevel variable to allow one to choose a
different password to control page history display (e.g., 'edit'
or 'admin' instead of the default 'read').

* Added code that allows PmWiki to understand multiple ?'s in
query strings.  Thus, URLs such as
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki?pagename=Main.WikiSandbox?action=edit
now work (note the use of the '?' instead of '&' to separate the parameters).
This also means that markups like ThisPage:?action=edit will work even
on systems that must use the ?pagename= form of URL.

* Eliminated references to PHP's $HTTP_* variables (these were
deprecated in PHP 4.1).

Questions, comments, complaints can be sent to me or the pmwiki-users
mailing list.