[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki 2.0 directive syntax

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jun 16 02:00:04 CDT 2004

On 16 Jun 2004, John Rankin wrote:

> I added
>
>     /.directive params./
>
> but I'm not sure if this is as easy to type on non-English
> keyboards as I think it is. On my keyboard, the keys are
> adjacent and no shift or other action is needed.

On my Swedish keyboard it's on par with [[ which suffers because you need
to use AltGr. For '/.' the '/' is on Shift-7, whereas '.' is down to
right, and the keys are almost as far apart as they can be (which is bad
when you are using the same hand for both symbols).

IIRC, it's in general faster if you can alternate hands when typing,
because then the other hand starts preparing during the motion of the
first hand.

Oh, wait... I shouldn't compare this to '[[' but to '[:'.. well, it's much
easier to type compared to '[:'. The latter combines the drawbacks off '['
(needs AltGr) and '/.' (same hand, two very different locations).

/Christian