[Pmwiki-users] Simple tables in PmWiki2.0

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Jun 16 19:30:58 CDT 2004

Suggestion:
Extend the simple table syntax to support
<th> as well as <td> markup

Markup options:
||!this bit is a header!||and this bit isn't||

Implementation:
>From the look of FormatTableRow in 1.0, implementation is
trivial and left as an exercise for interested readers.

Rationale:
+ makes it easier for the writer to communicate the
  table's message
+ the proposed markup extension is unobtrusive and
  reasonably intuitive
- makes the table syntax slightly more complex
- writers could just use the advanced tables feature

A case could also be made for supporting the <caption>
element in simple tables, but I haven't been able to
come up with a satisfactory markup. Possibly:

||attributes !This is the caption
||And this is a cell||And another||

If there are no attributes, this becomes:

--
JR