[Pmwiki-users] Wikibashing (prevention)

Crisses crisses
Thu Jun 17 12:32:04 CDT 2004

I've been getting an increasing number of WikiSandbox attacks, and
another user recently said they were getting barraged occasionally.

I'm thinking one thing that we could do is have an option to turn on
either WikiSandbox protection OR  have a feature that causes immediate
mail postings for certain pages (like Main.HomePage and
Main.WikiSandbox would be good pages for immediate posts) such that it
logs changes for a while til someone hits one of those pages, which
forces PmWiki to mail out the recent changes notices to whoever
receives the emails.  An entirely optional option, but a good
protective mechanism.  Also, listing the diff(s) for each page in the
email might be nice -- as an option.  Then I can tell at-a-glance
whether or not I should change the page(s) in question.  Also, finally,
including a direct link to the page so one doesn't have to go to
AllRecentPages from the email to see what's been updated, and to get
links to the pages.

Since practically no one real is updating content to my site right now
(though I wish they were *boots them*) it would behoove me if the
automatic mails were sent out when page content is updated rather than
waiting.  I'd rather get an occasional 5-10 update notices in a row
than let their ads sit there for a few hours til someone --  or a bot--
hits the site, then a few more hours til I edit the box.  I know this
can be changed in the email settings, but the option to have that be
page-specific &/or to include the diffs or links is not included to my
knowledge and these seem like reasonable "security features".

Crisses
----
*Bad* Crisses, no keyboard!