[Pmwiki-users] Re: keyboard layout

J. Meijer commentgg
Mon Jun 21 19:18:29 CDT 2004

Steven Leite wrote:
>> PS: how do you input the "<<" ">>", is it a key on your keyboard ? If
>> yes, which layout ?
>On North American style keyboards you can achieve this by
> entering ALT-0171 (  ?  ) or ALT-0187 ( ? ).

US-international probably has the best support for a *multi-language*
environment. For most purposes the spanish keyboard mapping will give you
access to all symbols you may want. Local keyboards 'tend' to limit
compatibility to just the local language.

I write in various languages but use just one keyboard layout (PT) and have
no problem finding characters. Ever. Nothing is hard to type. Sorry for
those who apparently have been lured into buying a localized keyboard.

American users are the most incomprehensible of all: they don't seem to use
what's at their disposal.

I too am a blind-spot, the features I insist to ignore if they don't come to
me the way I like, female or otherwise.

-jm

ps The special keys available to me with AltGr (accented vowels etc